Regarding Gene’s music, he has won 3 national songwriting contests – GMA’s Immerse 2013 (final 3); IndieHeaven’s 2013 Grand Prize winner; and Songwriter’s Café.com’s 2012 competition. He has been a finalist in five other nationwide songwriting contests, including Singing News' 2014 Southern Gospel and Bluegrass Gospel categories.
- It Is Finished won GMA’s Immerse songwriting contest 2013; Selected as Grand Prize Winner of 2013 by IndieHeaven.com; included on All About Worship’s Collective 9 album
- We Surrender, is published in LifeWay’s Worship Catalog and won Songwriter’s Café’s competition
- One Man Can, was chosen by NSAI for their 2011 Holiday CD.
- I Go To Calvary was recorded by Triumphant Quartet (on ‘The Greatest Love Story’ album - Absolutely Gospel Music Association’s 2014 Album of the Year) and was named Top Twenty recorded Southern Gospel Songs of 2013
- River of Living Water was recorded by Canaan’s Crossing—a Top Ten Bluegrass Gospel group.
- I Boast in the Cross reached #5 in the Southern Gospel Times Top 40 chart, and
- You Never Give Up On Me was #2 in the 2012 UrbanChannel finals competition, and finished #5 in the 2012 national Gospel Competition on OutStage.com.
- Holy Spirit reached #1 on IndieHeaven’s FanFaves chart for Contemporary Christian songs, and
- No Longer A Slave reached #2 on IndieHeaven’s Bluegrass chart.
- Lord in You Alone (I Will Believe) – single song contract with Red Tie Records
He has had cuts with Triumphant Quartet, Canaan’s Crossing, Dustin Jenkins, Ron Brewer and Nevaeh among others.
He has 3 songs published with Peck Music Group, 3 songs published with Tylis Music (subsidiary of Gaither Music), a single song contract with Red Tie Records, and a single song contract with Gateway Publishing. He is a member of GMA, BMI, NSAI, IndieHeaven, and Inspirational Country Music Association, and is the owner of Gene Ezell Music Publishing (BMI).
You can hear more of his songs on his website: GeneEzell.com.
If approved - here's what you'll get:
- A dedicated email send out about you to our 8,000+ members on Worship The Rock
- Your album appearing on the homepage (and almost every page) on WTR for 1 month
- Tweet sent out to our 12,000+ Twitter followers
- Facebook post sent out to our Facebook fans
- A blog posted about you on the WTR blog